Social Security Disability Advocates
Come Join Freedom Disability!We are a dynamic, growing for profit company that provides assistance to those applying for and entitled to receive Social Security Disability Benefits.
The Disability Advocate is responsible for managing a case load of Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income claims. The Advocate represents individual claimants applying for disability benefits by ensuring timely and accurate completion of all necessary application forms and inclusion of appropriate medical records. In this role, the Advocate interacts with claimants, State Disability Determination Agencies, the Social Security Administration, as well as medical providers and is responsible for all aspects of the claim until a final decision has been received from the Social Security Administration.
- Interview claimants over the phone and complete application forms timely and accurately.
- Ensure medical records are complete and will support the claim appropriately.
- Ensure all submitted claim applications include the necessary forms, records and supporting documentation.
- Interact professionally and timely with claimants, medical providers, and the Social Security Administration.
- Education – College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience – Case Management, Healthcare, Social Services, STD/LTD or Worker’s Compensation background desired.
- Customer Service Skills – provide quality, timely customer service to all internal and external customers, including use of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking Skills –flexibility to move from task to task within a fast- paced environment while maintaining focus and accuracy in order to produce a quality work product
- Organizational Skills – be well organized, follow business-defined best practices, follow through and exhibit proficiency in effective time management skills
- Critical Thinking Skills – ability to gather and assess relevant information; pose key questions clearly; reach well reasoned outcomes
- Technical Abilities – ability to utilize systems appropriately in a high volume production environment
- Compliance – needs to comply with all company policies, including appropriate attendance, information security and general conduct